The government's three conditions for an agreement with the TTP: "Accept the constitution, lay down arms and get an identity card."

Different factions have been forming in Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan

Different factions have been forming in Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan

Different factions have been forming in Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan

The details of the agreement with the Pakistani government and the banned Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) have begun to emerge and an initial one-month ceasefire has been declared.

This is not the first time that negotiations and agreements have been held with the banned organization TTP, but about a dozen negotiations have been started before and a few peace agreements have been signed, but these agreements have failed and since then. Military operations were carried out.

This time the current government is going to sign an agreement with another banned organization within a month. Earlier, an agreement was reached with the banned Tehreek-e-Lubaik Pakistan and it is being implemented.

What is the agreement with the Taliban now?

Pakistan's Prime Minister Imran Khan had told a foreign channel in an interview that the government was going to hold talks with the banned Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) to bring peace to the country.

After his statement, it was known from the sources how much progress is being made in the talks. It also mentioned the release of TTP prisoners and the Afghan Taliban's pressure on the Pakistani Taliban. The role of the interim government's interior minister and key member of the Haqqani Network, Sirajuddin Haqqani, is being considered important by the Afghan Taliban.

After a national security meeting yesterday, a government minister told a BBC briefing that "there are three conditions for negotiating with the Taliban, which include recognizing Pakistan's constitution, surrendering and Making Pakistan's identity card means showing one's identity.

Asked whether talks were being held with all the Taliban and whether the path of reconciliation was open for "hard core terrorists", he said, "There will be talks with all the twelve groups."

Their number is around two thousand to twenty five hundred. We are talking to those who have become part of them due to some pressure or economic hardship or have unresolved concerns. If 80 per cent surrender, the remaining 20 per cent will be resolved.

A statement issued by the Taliban said that the two sides had agreed to set up committees which would take the negotiation process forward.

The two sides will have a month-long ceasefire from November 9 to December 9, which could be extended. The Afghan Taliban, the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan, is playing a mediating role in the talks.